westchester seo firm
(search engine optimization)
Calico Systems began doing search engine optimization before the turn of the century - before the term SEO was a household phrase.
We’ve always stuck to “white hat” techniques, and these have proven to work extraordinarily well, especially for long term brands that look forward to increasing their base of target terms as their business grows and evolves.
The SEO landscape has changed a lot in the past 10+ years, but not completely.
Our strategies that served us and our clients well in the beginning, and still do, include the basics:
- Research and pinpoint terms that users actually type into search engines around your market category
- Integrate these terms into the architecture of the site in a human- and search engine-friendly way
- Develop strong content to support the terms
- Build the site using best SEO practices
Some of our strategies have evolved, particularly in-bound link building. Some that have emerged more recently include:
- Blogging and content curation to keep the site fresh and continually engage visitors, while giving search engines more data to chew on and entice them to index the site more frequently
- Online PR distribution to obtain inbound links from high quality, authoritative news sites within content that relates to our key terms
- Social media engagement to drive spontaneous inbound links and indicate to search engines that the site is part of an “important/popular” brand
- Reputation management to ensure top search results for your brand are dominated by positive content you control
We build sites using the SEO-friendly WordPress platform that blends seamlessly with your blog, makes it easy for you to keep your content fresh, and integrates your social media outreach into your home base website.